“With DTC’s help I passed the Civil PE exam after several attempts! The organization of the course material helped me out tremendously.” – PE, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Transportation Review Options
Extended Review – $1150 – Sign up October 1 through February 28– SIGN UP
- 20-Week Review – $950 – Sign up March 1 through June 30 – SIGN UP
- Fast Track Review – $750 – Sign up July 1 through September 15 –
- Extended Review – $1150 – Sign up April 1 through August 31 –
- 20-Week Review – $950 – Sign up September 1 through December 31 –
- Fast Track Review – $750 – Sign up January 1 through March 15 –
Transportation Course Info
The DTC Transportation PE Exam Review is an online course featuring Dr. Tom’s successful, exam-focused 20-Week approach. This comprehensive and targeted review uses his tried and true method for organizing your exam resource materials and a problem-solving strategy for maximizing your ability to solve problems quickly during the exam. The course is easy to access online and can be done at your pace and on your schedule.
The Review covers both the AM Breadth Exam and the PM Transportation Exam.
- Part 1: Civil AM Exam (Breadth) – For the first 15 weeks, you will review the common Civil AM Exam topics in each of the five Civil Engineering areas. Each area is covered in three weeks and will have a different expert instructor.
- Part 2: Transportation PM Exam (Depth) – For the last 5 weeks, you will review PM Exam topics for your area, familiarizing you with solutions for the type of problems you will see on the exam.
NOTE: Before you choose the Transportation Exam as your PM Exam, we recommend that you watch Dr. Tom’s Civil Exam Strategy – Part 1 Video to see Dr. Tom’s recommendations on PM Exam choice.
In the Review, you follow detailed, day-by-day assignments in your study plan in which you:
- go online to watch pre-recorded video lessons (over 50),
- read selected assignments in the CERM and other reference books,
- learn the most efficient ways to solve problems,
- work numerous, carefully chosen problems including:
- assigned NCEES practice exam problems,
- weekly Challenge Problems with solution videos in the course (over 50),
- weekly Assessment Problems in the course,
- access a Participant Forum to ask your instructors questions about the course content,
- download handouts for every lesson and problem presented,
- use these handouts and your notes to build your own Personalized Resource Notebooks,
- download and use the Civil Exam Day Companion reference.
It’s a lot of material and a lot of work, but if you follow the plan, you will be prepared for the exam.
To learn more details about how the DTC Civil Review courses work, CLICK HERE.
Transportation Course Syllabus
|Study Week||Exam Section||Topics|
|1||AM||Structural Week 1: Solid Mechanics|
|2||AM||Structural Week 2: Advanced Design and Materials|
|3||AM||Structural Week 3: Applications to Structures|
|4||AM||Geotechnical Week 1: Soil Mechanics and Soil Properties|
|5||AM||Geotechnical Week 2: Soil Mechanics|
|6||AM||Geotechnical Week 3: Materials|
|7||AM||Construction Week 1: Cost Estimating and Project Scheduling|
|8||AM||Construction Week 2: Construction Methods, Loading & Temporary Structures|
|9||AM||Construction Week 3: Surveying, Earthwork and Safety|
|10||AM||Water Resources/Environmental Week 1: Fluid Mechanics|
|11||AM||Water Resources/Environmental Week 2: Rainfall Runoff Prediction|
|12||AM||Water Resources/Environmental Week 3: Stormwater Collection|
|13||AM||Transportation Week 1: Horizontal Alignment|
|14||AM||Transportation Week 2: Vertical Alignment|
|15||AM||Transportation Week 3: Traffic Volume|
|16||PM||Transportation Week 4: Advanced Horizontal and Vertical Alignment|
|17||PM||Transportation Week 5: Traffic Engineering|
|18||PM||Transportation Week 6: Intersection & Interchange Design and Operation|
|19||PM||Transportation Week 7: Roadside Design and Signs|
|20||PM||Transportation Week 8: Other Civil Engineering Disciplines Related to Transportation|
"There is no magic bullet for passing this exam, but if you're willing to put in the work, the 20-Week course is invaluable."
"I passed with an 84%! I am convinced that without Dr. Tom's Classroom I would not have done nearly as well and there's a good chance I would not have passed. I was very impressed, and I highly recommend that anybody who is planning to take the PE Exam take Dr. Tom's Classroom review courses and follow his study outline."
"No nonsense, make the plan, work the plan kind of guy. If you want a plan that will put you on the track to first time success, Dr. Tom is your man."
"Dr. Tom's course was essential to my success. With his help, I passed on my first attempt. I would recommend for this course, especially to those that enjoy the virtual classroom-type of instruction. Dr Tom's course content alone is worth the price, but the real value for me came from having a rock solid structure that I know is absolutely tailored for the PE exam."
"I can say with absolute certainty that Dr. Tom’s review course was the key to my success. I was doubtful that I could get back up to speed on so many of the subjects that I spent years studying in college, but it worked!"
"If you are looking for a PE review course, look no farther. My advice, if you are going to devote that much of your time to studying, spend the money for the review course. I have no doubt I would have passed the exam the first time if I had taken Dr. Tom's review course. Don't spend 400 hours kicking yourself for trying to save a few dollars, just take the course. If I could go back in time I would spend 10 times the cost of the review course to take it from the start. After all, how much is your time worth to you?"
"His no-nonsense approach coupled with a wide-ranging experience and clear explanations was undoubtedly a key factor leading to my passing score on the exam. With better than competitive prices, effective teaching ability, and proven results, Dr. Tom's Classroom is undeniably the best value in Mechanical Engineering PE exam preparation. Thanks Dr. Tom!"
"If you don’t read my entire testimonial – here is the “bottom line upfront:” Look no further! If you work the program, watch the lectures, do the problems, prepare the personalized resource notebooks, and use the participant forum... you will pass the exam. Thank you Dr. Tom and your entire staff."
"Dr. Tom's 20 Week course helped me learn everything I needed to pass the PE exam on the first try. I have already recommended the course to my coworker and I will encourage other ME's to take the course. I just wish I could shake Dr. Tom's hand and tell him thank you for everything!"
"I honestly believe that I could not have passed the exam without Dr. Tom’s teaching, guidance and strategy. Dr. Tom should be your #1 resource for exam preparation!"