DTC Review for the Civil PE Exam:
MACHINE DESIGN & MATERIALS
READY TO PURCHASE YOUR COURSE? GO STRAIGHT TO OUR CATALOG.
The Machine Design & Materials PE Exams covers a lot of diverse, unrelated topics, which can make it challenging to prepare for. But if you have significant and recent experience doing machine design, this could be the right exam for you. – Dr. Tom
Before you choose the Machine Design & Materials Exam as your PE Exam, we recommend that you watch Dr. Tom’s Mechanical Exam Strategy – Part 1 Video to see Dr. Tom’s recommendations on Exam choice.
Signing up for the DTC Review for the Mechanical: Machine Design & Materials PE Exam gives you access to Dr. Tom’s successful, exam-focused, online course from the day you sign until the day of the exam.
“I was pleased with how succinctly the information was presented in Dr. Tom’s review for the Machine Design & Materials PE exam. The lesson plans helped me stay organized and motivated as I checked off each item. The lesson videos were straight forward and informative; they were great refreshers. After completing the course, I felt prepared for the exam, and I passed. I highly recommend this course. Thanks Dr. Tom and team for all your help!
– Carl Tompson, PE, ConcealFab Corporation, Colorado Springs, CO”
Machine Design & Materials Course Structure
Dr. Tom’s Comprehensive 20-Week Plan
The Review covers targeted topics on the Mechanical: Machine Design & Materials Exam, and it is based on a 20-Week review structure. Each week is devoted to a different topic and provides you with lessons and practice, familiarizing you with solutions for the type of problems you will see on the exam. Dr. Thomas H. Brown, PE will be your instructor throughout the course.
Time Frame Options
12 months to 6 months before the exam
6 months to 3 months before the exam
3 months to 1 months before the exam
With each of these options, you receive the same comprehensive review; the only difference is how long you have access to the course. You are paying for access to a specific course for a set period of time. That’s why longer access to the course costs more.
You have access to all the course materials from the day you sign up until the day of the exam, so you can start your review immediately and work at your own pace until the exam. Check out the Mechanical Catalog to see which time frame options are currently available or coming soon for upcoming exam dates.
What to Expect
This comprehensive and targeted review uses Dr. Tom’s tried and true method for relearning the needed engineering concepts, organizing your exam resource materials, and using his problem-solving strategy to maximize your ability to solve problems quickly during the exam.
You course will be 100% online, and you can access the course materials 24/7 allowing you to work at your own pace and on your own schedule. We have also kept the course videos short (10 to 30 minutes) to give you the flexibility to fit your review into your schedule.
In the Review, you follow detailed, day-by-day assignments in your study plan in which you:
- go online to watch pre-recorded video lessons (over 50),
- read selected assignments in the CERM and other reference books,
- learn the most efficient ways to solve problems,
- work numerous, carefully chosen problems including:
- assigned NCEES practice exam problems,
- weekly Challenge Problems with solution videos in the course (over 50),
- weekly Assessment Problems in the course,
- access a Participant Forum to ask your instructors questions about the course content,
- download handouts for every lesson and problem presented,
- use these handouts and your notes to build your own Personalized Resource Notebooks,
- download and use the Mechanical: Construction Exam Day Companion reference.
It’s a lot of material and a lot of work, but if you follow the plan, you will be prepared for the exam
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Machine Design & Materials Course Syllabus
Machine Design & Materials Required Texts
- Mechanical Engineering Reference Manual for the PE Exam (MERM)
- NCEES PE Mechanical: Machine Design & Materials Practice Exam
- Machine Design & Materials Six Minute Problems
You will receive detailed information about which editions to acquire and where to get them after you sign up for your course.
READY TO PURCHASE YOUR COURSE?
GO STRAIGHT TO ONE OF OUR CATALOGS.